Thursday, November 16, 2006

Bread lines? Meh! We got PS3 lines.

What does it say about our culture when grown men willingly wait in huge lines to shell out close to a grand for a video game machine? I’ll tell you what it says: “GAME OVER.”

Honestly, there should be a therapist waiting for these people. The escapist culture in this country will be the end of us.

Things like Second Life, the Sims and MMORPG’s pose a serious threat to human-to-human interaction.

I say less focus on graphical interface, and more on face-to-face interaction.

Even the companies that pump these games out fail their employees on a social level. Designers and programmers work countless hours, and weekends, away from family and friends in order to make a vessel that keeps thousands of over-sized children coddled in dark corners, escaping from responsibility and life.

I swear, if my kid grows up and asks for a PS7, I think I may have failed him or her. Especially considering I may not be able to afford one.

DIMELO!

No comments: